Hey y’all! I am 17 years and in a couple of weeks I will be a senior in high school. It’s kind of crazy if you think about it. For the past 12 years I have lived in the same town and gone to school with the same old people and this will be my last year. I think its safe to say I have learned a lot these past 3 years and I feel as if I can give some of you incoming freshman reading this a little advice.
- Even though high school doesn’t have all the stupid drama middle school does, there is still plenty of drama to get wrapped up in so just try to be nice to everyone and do your own thing.
- High school is a lot better than middle school; but it’s not like High School Musical, Clueless, or any other movies. It is actually quite boring.
- You are the average of the 5 people you hang around the most, so choose your friends wisely.
- People will change, but its not always for the worst, people can change for the better as well. Don’t be surprised if you actually do keep some of your friends you had in Elementary and Middle school.
- Work Hard. Grades aren’t everything, but they are really important, so try to challenge yourself. This leads me into my next point of…
- Don’t challenge yourself with too much that it gets overbearing and too hard. I did that my junior year and trust me…it wasn’t fun.
- Pretty much everyone is too concerned about themselves and their insecurities to notice yours, so don’t worry about anything.
- Join at least one club or extracurricular activity that you ACTUALLY like, it makes the boringness of high school more bearable, and your parents will be off your back about getting involved.
- Sleep is much needed and very important. Try to get a decent amount of sleep every night. Your body and will thank you later.
- Have fun! These are the last 4 years of your life before you become an adult so work hard and have fun too!
Let me know in the comments if any of you are in high school, going in, or already out! I hope this was helpful to some of you out there. These tips are definitely things I wish I knew going into my freshman year not my senior year!
Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to be notified every time I post! See ya tomorrow!